SCENAR devices and, especially, COSMODIC devices are much more than just sophisticated machines. We all know that. They are your trusted friends, your Personal Health Assistants, your 21st Century Medicine Chest, your “ER in a pocket”, and so many other things. SCENAR COSMODIC devices have one job – to keep your pain away, and they do it well: quickly, safely, effectively, and in the most natural way strengthening your body in the process.
Naturally, you want to keep your SCENAR COSMODIC devices in good shape as long as possible, and the best way to do that is to know how to take good care of them. Yes, it sounds like “Dah!”, but you would be surprised to hear all the “SCENAR maintenance” and “SCENAR emergency” questions we answer daily. (Just to give you some examples, “Can I lay on my SCENAR device?”, or “Can I keep my SCENAR device in a beach bag while I am sunbathing?”, or “I accidentally dropped my SCENAR device in a toilet – WHAT SHOULD I DO?!”)
Unfortunately, the SCENAR COSMODIC devices Operator’s Manuals don’t tell you much about care for your SCENAR device or COSMODIC device. So here are our recommendations deriving from years of experience of dealing with all types of different SCENAR COSMODIC devices and answering the most frequently asked questions.
1. Your SCENAR COSMODIC devices are ELECTRONIC gadgets. They are fragile. Hence, do or don’t do to them what you would do or not do to your laptop or a smartphone.
- Keep your SCENAR device in a protective case when you don’t use it (TIP: when placing SCENAR COSMODIC devices into their cases, turn their electrodes to face the front, or you – not the back. See a demonstration in the video below.)
- Electronics usually do not like humidity, especially if it is hot and humid – and your SCENAR device is no exception. Try to keep it reasonably cool and dry.
- Certainly, DO NOT DROP your SCENAR COSMODIC devices; any damage resulted from dropping voids the warranty.
- If your SCENAR device or COSMODIC device has an LCD screen, do not put too much pressure on it, especially in the screen area – these screens break easily and are pretty expensive to replace.
- If when repositioning a COSMODIC device you hear a slight “rattling” sound (like something is moving inside it), don’t panic and don’t vigorously shake the device to confirm that it is broken. Internal elements of COSMODIC devices are intentionally fixed fairly loosely in their places in order to let them vibrate easier and harmonize frequencies. Sometimes their movements are audible, and unless you notice a device malfunction, there is no reason to worry.
2. SCENAR COSMODIC devices are BATTERY-powered.
- Use only the highest quality alkaline or, better yet, lithium batteries for your SCENAR COSMODIC devices and check with your distributor if the rechargeable batteries are OK to use. It is OK for most of the first generation SCENAR devices but may be a problem for COSMODIC devices.
- Take the batteries out, if you are not planning to use your SCENAR device or COSMODIC device for a prolonged period of time, if you are shipping it somewhere, or if you are flying with it. Sometimes batteries leak. If you miss it, the leak can cause irreparable damage – and leaks often happen with the change of air pressure during flight or with shocks in transport. The battery leaks are also more common in areas with hot and humid climate.
- If you notice the battery leak, immediately remove the batteries from your SCENAR device or COSMODIC device, wipe out as much of the fluid as possible from the battery compartment with an absorbent cloth, napkin, or paper towel – and leave the compartment open for a few hours. Do not attempt to use your SCENAR device or COSMODIC device right away; let it dry well – and hope that you got it all out in time before the battery fluid reached the sanctuary of internal electronics.
- Watch the video below on how to correctly handle the batteries in the COSMODIC devices.
3. Your SCENAR COSMODIC devices connect with you through metallic ELECTRODES, which often need to be cleaned.
- Even though no microorganism can survive the electricity in the inter-electrode space and, therefore, the electrodes do not HAVE to be sterilized for each client, in a busy practice it is usually advisable to still routinely clean the SCENAR COSMODIC devices electrodes between treatment sessions. We usually recommend alcohol pads or a hydrogen peroxide. It is safe for any electrode metal (stainless steel, copper, or silver); just make sure the liquid DOES NOT leak into the device body through the base of the electrodes. That would be really bad.
- If your COSMODIC device has removable “ski”-type electrodes (like COSMODIC 705AG, 715Ag, VX735Ag, EX735 or ENS), please remember to take the electrodes out once in a while and clean them thoroughly on the inside as well. The shape of these electrodes makes them prone to accumulation of all sorts of dirt on the inside.
- If the silver or copper electrodes get tarnished with time, you can easily return them to their shining self with silver or copper polish (we use Brasso – very effective).
- Do not forget: if you are sending your SCENAR device for repair, send it WITHOUT the electrodes (if they are removable, of course). It makes it a lot easier for shipping and passing through customs.
- Watch the video below on how to remove the electrodes from COSMODIC devices.
4. If your SCENAR device accidentally gets really wet (like when it gets dropped in a toilet), do what you would do with your smartphone – immediately put it into a plastic bag with dry rice, so that rice covers it completely, and let it sit there till the next day. A chance is, the rice will absorb all the moisture.
5. We also often hear questions about traveling with your SCENAR COSMODIC devices. Here are some points to remember.
– We recommend to always have the SCENAR COSMODIC devices WITH YOU, no matter where you go or how you travel. You will probably need them to make your journey easier – and sometimes they can be lifesavers, literally, for your fellow travelers (we know a few examples of that).
– It is usually safe to let your SCENAR COSMODIC devices go through X-ray machines at the airports, but if you are worried about their fragile software and electronics, you may consider wrapping them in an aluminum foil.
– It would be a good idea to have the Operator’s Manual with you and easily accessible, in case you are asked by the airport security what the devices are for (COSMODIC Operator’s Manuals are usually small in size and easy to carry) – or you just say that it is a “personal therapy device” of a “beauty massager”.
– Do not forget to remove the batteries from your SCENAR COSMODIC devices, if you are flying, to avoid a battery leak (as we mentioned above)!
Overall, SCENAR COSMODIC devices, while being often a big investment, are fairly “low maintenance”, so to speak. Treat them with respect they deserve, give them some TLC once in a while – and they will serve you faithfully for a long time. And remember that just as people, your SCENAR COSMODIC devices don’t like to be neglected; the more you use them the happier they will be – and the happier they will make you.